When sending invitations to your guests, it’s a good idea to send it about 3-4 weeks before the date of the party. This gives your guests ample time to schedule it into their plans and avoids scheduling conflicts.
Either purchase your invitations from a local stationary or drug store, or you can design them yourself. Use stickers, clipart, rubber stamp designs, etc. Make sure that you include important information such as date, time, location, directions and a phone number/ e-mail address in case someone needs information.
* If your baby shower will have a theme, carry it over into your invitations.
Creative Ideas For Invitations
Balloon invitations: Turn a balloon into an invitation – write the party information onto pink or blue balloons and mail it to the guests. Have them blow up the balloon to read the invitation.
Baby bottle invitations: Stuff your rolled up invitation tied with ribbon inside a baby bottle or simply stick it onto the outside and give them to your guests. The guests can all bring in the bottles to the shower to be used by the new baby.
Diaper invitations: Cut out triangles from pink or blue construction paper or felt. Write the invitation on one side of the triangle fold the bottom corner up and then the sides to create a diaper and pin it with at baby diaper pin that you can purchase at any infant store.
Pacifier invitation: Cut out pink or blue pacifiers from cardstock, write the part information onto one side and tie a ribbon onto the top.
Baby footprints: Cut out baby footprints and write all the party information onto one side
*Having a theme will help in choosing specific decorations
- Balloons: Decorate with light pink or light blue balloons or other pastel colored balloons and scatter them throughout the room.
- Make sure to have plenty of streamers and banners to create a festive atmosphere.
- Use party themed plates, cups and napkins to keep the motif going.
Here are a few ideas for centerpieces:
- Use beanie babies, or any small stuffed animal as balloon weights and place it in the center of each table.
- Use baby footprint pillar candles, which also make great balloon weights, and place them in the center of each table.
- Wrap small potted pants in colored tissue paper and a diaper and sit it in center of each table.
- Use a 2 layer or 3 layer baby cake and place in the center of each table.
HerBabyShower has plenty of favors to make your shower special. Check out the homepage or any of the categories in the left hand menu to browse our selection of favors.
BABY SHOWER PLANNING GUIDE